How to Customize Using Templates
You may have considered ordering something from my store (or any other that offers product templates) but aren’t sure how to use them.
Here is a step-by-step explanation.
1. Click on the product you are interested in.
For example, Customizable Snowflake Card (Green).
You’ll be taken to a page with the product image on the left, and the customization area on the right.
2. Click on the first item to be personalized. In this case, it’s a photo.
Follow the directions to find a photo to add. You will be able to locate the photo in the files on your computer.
3. Click on the next field to personalize.
In this case, it says, “Cover Message.”
Delete the “Your Message Here,” or whatever is in the field, by pressing “Delete” or highlighting and pressing “Delete” on your keyboard.
Type in your own message.
3. Repeat for all remaining fields.
In this case, there is one more, Text 3: Add your inside message here.
4. What happens if your message is too long, or too big, or you don’t like the way it looks?
In this case, you’ll have to do some more complicated editing.
Look a few lines below that.
It says: Edit this in our design tool now!
Click on that.
You’ll be taken to another page with the image on the left and the Zazzle Design Tool on the right.
5. Look for a bar on the Design Tool with the words on it that you wrote. Click on it.
That will expand the bar into a box with more information.
6. Click on “change text” in the upper right corner.
A box will open with your text in it.
7. Type what you want to type. You may need to hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard to create another line of text.
8. In the center top of the box, you’ll see a small number with a plus and minus sign next to them. This is the size of your text.
Click on the plus sign to increase the size of your text. Click on the minus sign to decrease the size.
You will see your message on the left increase or decrease. You may need to go back and place all the text on one line to make it fit in the space on the card that I have provided. Otherwise, shorten your message.
9. If you want to change the look of the font, click on the bar in the center, above the word “font”.
You can select the font you want, then click “ok” or “cancel.”
10. To change the color of the font, click on the small square just above the “font” bar you were just using. You will be able to select a different color for your text.
11. Once you have the cover the way you want it, go to the thumbnail images below the large image on the left. Click on the inside cover thumbnail.
You will see a new Design Tool Window open on the right.
12. Follow the same steps as you used to change the cover text.
13. If you make a mistake, click on “revert” under the Design Tool window on the right side of the screen.
14. Once you have finished customizing your product, click “add to cart.”
Once you get the hang of it, the customization tools are easy to use.
Don’t be afraid to play around and have fun. You don’t have to buy anything. You can always hit the “back” button on your browser, or “revert” at the bottom, to cancel your changes.
If you need help with this, please feel free to contact me:
Disclosure: I am affiliated to the products recommended on this site.